Image Map

FINALLY DONE!!!

Hello Friends!

Whew! Life has been busy! Now with the holidays quickly approaching, things will only get busier. I am working on creating a more peaceful, less stressful holiday season. I am backwards mapping some activities that I want to make sure I do and learning to say NO to some things. It's hard, but I'm learning.

One thing that I have worked consistently on is my Houghton Mifflin units. Since I'm teaching a 1/2 combo this year, I've decided to create resources to align our old Houghton Mifflin Language Arts curriculum to the common core standards. I did this for 2nd grade and many teachers had asked that I do it for other grades.

I am SO happy with how this resource came out. It seriously is PACKED with so many fun activities! I used thinking maps, depth and complexity icons, GLAD strategies, text dependent questions, text connections. and so many more things to facilitate learning at ALL levels. Here is a sneak peak at my newest baby.... :)





There are focus wall labels for every story....





TONS of activities to do every week!...





Opinion writing and text connection for every story....



Blackline Masters and ways to make learning fun....




I LOVE depth and complexity!! I've also added teacher cheat sheets and teacher guided questions....



Colorful vocabulary cards for every story...



Thinking maps for describing our character every week. There are 2 different levels.  Level 2 requires students to use text dependent words.






Opinion writing and text connection for every story....




I LOVE this activity because it really creates a visual for my students to understand the vocabulary words in the story. This has also helped my English Learners tremendously!





I love this activity!! It's a fun way of learning contractions and my students loved putting the puzzles together!



Here is a closer look of my Firsties doing the puzzle......











This picture makes my heart HAPPY!! I LOVE to see students working together for a common goal.:) These are my 2nd graders working on the contraction puzzles.



For those of you using HM or know someone still using this HM series for their Language Arts curriculum, I know that you won't be disappointed with everything that is in here. I've even had some SUPER nice comments from teachers telling me that they have thrown out their student practice workbooks and had their class use my resources instead! WOW!!! What a compliment!  So, we all know how busy the holidays can get. Let me take care of your ELA time for you. And the great news?? It's on sale until TOMORROW night (Friday). So now since you won't need to be doing much planning or searching for worksheets anymore, the only real question is... what will you do with all your extra time?? :)

Click on the picture below to direct you to my TPT store. 





Have a fantastic year!

Thanks friends,


No comments:

Post a Comment