Image Map

Five for Friday

It's been a while Friends!

Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for her Five for Friday linky party.




I've been working on Depth and Complexity with my students and it has really taken their learning to the next level. Over the past couple of years, I've been going to USC to learn about teaching gifted students from Sandra Kaplan, the creator of Depth and Complexity. The truth is, these strategies work for ALL students and allows them to understand the content much better. My students actually love it!


My 2nd graders working on Depth and Complexity with their story of the week.




My 1st graders working on Depth and Complexity with their story of the week.







We just had Open House not too long ago and it was so much fun! Here are some things from my Open House Unit  on TPT.  I've compiled 19 things over my 15 years of teaching that I love to do. It comes complete with templates and detailed instructions. If you need some new projects for your classroom, I'd love for you to come by and check it out.

Here are some pictures from my class:



This is always a hit with my class! This picture was from my last year's class. I ran out of time and had to make my own Senior Citizen's Home sign. I was desperate. Don't judge.




A closer look ...




Our class read Moses Goes to a Concert. They loved learning about sign language and so I took pictures of their hands making the alphabet. We even had a "secret message" board done in sign language that the parents had to figure out what it said. A hit for sure!! :)




This is my Line of Symmetry activity. The kids loved it and it was neat to see some of my students' artistic ability.



This girl was amazing!!!
On the other side of the symmetry picture, they wrote 10 things that they loved about themselves. I also had a surprise for my students under this sheet. I secretly sent home a sheet for their parents to fill out "10 Things I Love About YOU!", then I stapled it under this paper. Parents got to show their child their "surprise" when they came that night. Sorry that I don't have a picture of that sheet, but it's in the Open House unit.



Students made invitations for their parents to come to Open House.




This is one of the class favs! The silhouette wall! I have an EASY PEASY tutorial in the unit on how to do this WITHOUT tracing.  Praise the Lord for not making the kids stand still in front of the projector like I used to do.












Here is my unit if anyone is interested in creating MORE fun projects for their classroom.

 Click on the picture to take you to TPT








Since summer is coming, I've been trying to work out more and eat right. I've started Kayla Itsines BBG workout and I love it.  You have got to check out her Instagram or her Facebook page to see these amazing results. She has a huge community of REAL girls that have used her program and share some helpful tips and their results. AH-MAZING!!! I've been staying of track. It's only week 2 but I've been resisting my temptation to eat all things chocolately this week. Yay for me!!!






I LOVE good food. I ate at the yummiest place in Orange County this past week. It was called True Food Kitchen.  The place has a very clean look to it and is decorated with succulents. It really is a farm to table type of place...AND it's HEALTHY!!!



This was my delicious salad!





I saved the most exciting news for last....

(said in best scream voice..)

ONLY A COUPLE MORE WEEKS OF SCHOOL LEEEEEFT!!!!! :)



Have a wonderful Friday, Friends and thanks for reading!

Blessings,


1 comment:

  1. Your symmetry project is amazing! I really want to do that with my students.

    ReplyDelete