Well, we are winding down over here and next week is my LAST WEEK of school! Only 2 days left and I am officially on summer break!! Woohoo! If you are not there yet, I know that y'all are getting pretty close yourself. It was Friday and so it's time to Link up with Doodlebugs for her Five for Friday Party. Again, I know it's Saturday... but remember...I'm fashionably late. :)
1. I did not go into my classroom this whole week! I job share and only work Mon-Wed so I was at a Thinking Maps training for those 3 days. It was seriously mentally exhausting but I LOVED it and can't wait to come back and help train my school site on it.
2. My daughter had herpangina. Yup.. that's sounds pretty disgusting, I know.. but it's really not as bad or gross as it sounds. It's like hand, foot, and mouth disease without the hand and foot. Poor girl had sores all in her throat. She's feeling better now, which is a good thing since I thought we would have to cancel our Disneyland trip. Speaking of....
3. DISNEYLAND!!! Ok, we seriously live only 30 mins away but when someone says they can sign you and your entire family of 5 in for free... it's exciting!!! FREE is GOOD!! We took our RV down there and stayed Thursday-Saturday. We went to Disneyland on Friday from the time it opened to until our kids all passed out. It was awesome! :)
|Caught a pic with Minnie!|
|This was Karis' first time going to Disneyland where she was aware of what was going on. She went when she was only 1 yrs old last time. Our friend got her a "1st Visit" badge that my hubby is putting on her.|
|We saw SO many princesses. There were more pictures but I don't want to bore you with all of them. :)|
|YUP! That's how we like to bring them home... ALL TUCKERED OUT! Makes for a nice evening chatting with the hubby. :)|
4. I got my Remembering the School Year Memory Book on TPT. I am getting more products on there since I just started about 2 months ago. It's a learning curve and I'm catching on how to do these units better and faster. First one took me like at least 60 hours!!! If you don't have a fun memory book or are just looking for something different from what you've done, I would love for you to take a look at what I have. Students draw, measure, write summaries (all in a FUN way), and reflect. I also wrote a poem for teachers to give their students.
|End of the School Year Memory Book|
5. I got to take a nice loooong MUCH needed nap today. My honey is the best and watched all the kids while I actually feel asleep in our RV. I was going to clean it out but instead sat down, then laid down, and the next thing I knew, it was almost 3 hours later! I really needed a vacation after our little getaway to Disneyland. It's a lot of work there. Fun, but a lot of work. I was exhausted!
There you go friends! Hopefully your week was fun and relaxing!