School is...... OVAAAAH!! Welcome Summer!!!! Five for Friday AND My Birthday TPT SALE!!!!
|More info at the end of this post :)|
Yes, you read it right! I am officially on summer break as of today!! WOOOHOOOO!!!! Things have been so busy over here that I haven't even gotten a chance to post all the fun that we've been having in class. Yesterday was the last day for students and I was starting to get a bit emotional. I had a great group of kids this year... with a few difficult ones sprinkled in between, but they grew on me. I usually line them up before we walk out the door on the last day and give them my little speech of how proud I am of them and how much they've grown, etc. I ended it with, "When you walk out these doors, you will no longer beeeee...... (dah dah daahhhhh) a 2nd grader anymore!" Then I proceeded to walk them out, me all emotional inside. I was expecting to see them all emotional, too but when we walked out and I turned around, my boys were like in their own little world, just playing around CRAZILY in line and not even caring about the amazing award winning emotional speech I just gave. C'MON PEOPLE!!! The movie in my mind of how the kids were suppose to walk out.....all in tears, wailing...... holding onto my legs, begging me to keep them did not play out exactly like that. Well... ok , not AT ALL like that. It was fine though because I can always count on my girls to fill my emotional bucket of how they'll miss me and how they'll be back to help me next year. One of my sweet girls even got a little emotional with me. Ahhhhh... I knew I loved her for a reason. :)
I am combining this with my Five for Friday with Doodlebug. Except I'm gonna break some rules since I'm crazy like that. I've listed not 5...BUT 7... yes, I said SEVEN things that has happened in these past couple weeks. Yup... that's me... rule breaker. I just love living on the edge! <----- really though.... I just have some major catching up to do with my blogging and I don't get out much.
1. Open House was only 2 weeks before school ended. Here are some snapshots of the night.
|We had a great turnout. Our room was packed!|
|We read "Moses goes to a Concert" and took pictures of our hands signing the alphabet.|
|These line of symmetry projects came out great!|
|This was another crowded station. Math facts timed tests are big in my classroom. Here, we have students timing their parents on their math facts and even competing with them!|
|Love these students! They are quiet and so well behaved!|
|This Puzzling Letters activity was a fun one. Students write their parents a letter and cut it into a puzzle. Parents try to read the special message by putting it together on Open House.|
|Our Estimation Station was a hit! The child who guessed the closest gets that WHOLE jar of candy home! That's my thing.... sugar them up then send'em home! :)|
|Parents loved solving their child's math story problem.|
|Making invitations for their family to come to Open House|
All these activities (and more) are from my TPT store. It comes with all the templates, step by step instructions, and pictures of the finished project. You can pick one up here.
3. On the last week of school we worked on my End of the Year Bundle. We had memory books, letters to write to our future students in the class and to their future teacher, measuring activities to compare our growth from the beginning of the year till now, and some reflecting over the past 10 months. It was neat to see what their favorites were and how much they've changed.
|They loved to see how much they've grown!|
|Hand print made in the beginning of the year.|
|Comparing their handprints now.|
|I keep these and hand them out to my new batch of students in the beginning of the year.|
|Letters to their future teacher. I'm planning on giving this letter to their teacher once we get started next year.|
4. On the last day of school, we wore pajamas and we had a movie/board games day. We also made forts.
|some played Monopoly in their fort|
5. We had about 30 more minutes until school was out and so we had our crazy dance party. Kids did the conga line and then we made two rows and had kids go down the middle. This is my awesome job sharing partner dancing with one of our boys.
Ok, I know that it doesn't look CUH-RAY-ZEE here, but trust me, it got there. I mean, they almost called the cops on us.
6. After we danced I needed the kids to calm their bodies down so we played Dead Fish. This is one of my favorite games at home and it works so well with my active boys. I've even had my younger son fall asleep once while playing. Hee hee. Students lay down in a comfortable position and whoever moves it out.
|This girl looks so scary.... but she was GOOOOOOD. She stayed like that the WHOLE time. Creepy, huh? LOL|
7. We had about 15 more minutes left of 2nd grade and I wanted to do these awards right before they left. I got these candy awards from Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits for FREE!!!! I LOOOOVE Free!!! I wrote up a description of why they were getting the award and added their picture to it. Then I put both papers back to back in a plastic sheet protector so that when they turned their award over, they could read and remember what I said about them. I also got them the BIG candy treats. They LOVED it and I had SO much fun announcing each award recipient.
|We rolled out the red |
(drum roll pleeeease...)
AND NOOOOW...... It's just not ANY sale.... it's my BIRTHDAY sale!!!! Today is my birthday and we are getting ready to go camping at the beach... you know... since I'm on SUMMER VACATION and all!! We've never gotten out of school before my birthday before so this is great! Anyhow, I like gifts and I figured you do, too. So I'm throwing a 20% off my TPT store! This includes the Open House Activities Pack and End of the Year Bundle that you just read about.
Off to pack up for camping and enjoy the weekend. Thanks friend for visiting!