Skip to main content

Currently and My Blog Got a FACE LIFT!!!!! :)

Yay!!!! My blog finally got a face lift!!!! One thing that it means is that I will not be needing my first post found here. I LOVE LOVE my new design from Honey Bunches! They were so easy to work with and totally accommodating to me. I mean I am high maintenance like to have things done a certain way and they were GREAT with all my requests. If you or anybody you know are thinking about giving your blog a fresh new look, I highly recommend them. You will not be sorry. :)

I am linking up with Farley at  Oh' Boy Fourth Grade for her May Currently.



- I love my kiddos but let's be honest... I also LOVE it when they are asleep. That is the time I get to reconnect with my honey and just have some time for myself without having to break up any arguments or wipe snotty noses. Right now though, my hubby is painting our garage.... which I will be joining him once I finish this post. This is the "Me" time I'm talking about right here. :)

- I raved about my new blog above already!

- Boot camp! I am really not a morning person AT ALL. I mean.. it's a wonder that I can get up and teach before 10am! Although there was this one time that I tried to open my classroom door with my car remote. Ha! I do love boot camp because not only do I get in shape, but my day gets started earlier, too. I leave when it's still dark and basically watch the sun rise. Did you know that the sun actually does rise in the east?? Amazing, huh?

- Mmmmm... almond butter and apples. Ever since I started boot camp, I've been super hungry! Yay for faster metabolism!

- End of the year madness for my boys! They finish in TWO DAYS and I have to get a few more things together for their teacher gifts. I'm such a procrastinator!

Love and live in my rainbow sandals in the summer! I'm so scared of getting skin cancer so I lather on the Neutrogena sunscreen with like SPF 300 or something like that. My mom is the typical Asian mom with huge sun hats and gloves. I used to make fun of her but now I secretly want to borrow them. I'm serious... I think she's onto something. :)

- I realize that I'm on my phone a lot more... on Instagram mostly. I've met so many new teacher bloggers that I just love reading about them and getting fresh ideas from them. They are all my best friends... they just don't know it yet. Ha!

Aaaaaand THAT'S what I've been currently up to in May. Thanks for reading friends!


Comments

  1. Cute blog design! Almond butter and apples....mmmmm sounds delicious! I think I have both on hand. Guess what I'm packing for my snack tomorrow? I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela,
    I had to stop on in and be your newest follower. I love HOney Bunch...they did my updated look on my blog too. Yours is soo cute and I love mine. They are the best!!!
    xoxo
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked out your blog! Sooooo cute! So glad that you're a fellow CA teacher!! :)

      Delete
  3. So glad you are loving your new design! Almond butter sounds soooo good!

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog Angela! I just got a blog makeover too from HBBD! They are the best! :) I'm your newest follower. BTW, I love wearing my rainbow sandals too!

    Andrea
    Cheers To School

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My New Life and an Editable First Day of School Sign!

Hi Friends.

This next year I am starting a new chapter of my life. Ever since my kids reached the age where they began going to school, life kept getting busier and busier. Now that they are a bit older (ages 10,8,5) life is just CRAZY; sports, church, dinners on the run, taking kids to different practices, homework, projects, AHHHH!!!! I could not keep up! Last summer, my husband and I both agreed that we could not go on living like that. We did not like running on the hamster wheel. We wanted needed more family time. My husband works different hours than a normal "9 to 5" job so his day off are Fridays. My kids go to school on Fridays. See the problem? We had to make a change. We LOVE my husband's job so that wasn't changing. I LOVE teaching, so that wasn't changing either. We knew we wanted to kids to be home on Fridays so there was only one option. Change the way schooling looked. After 14 years of teaching in the classroom, I am taking a leave of absence to…

Celebration Week!!!

I'm OK. I'm alive!!

Yes, It's been a while since I've blogged. I think it's safe to say that I am just no good at keeping up with my poor little blog. I've come to terms with it. I am no longer in denial. (Holding candle in my hand) Hello, my name is Angela Linzay and I stink at keeping up with my blog.

Alright, now that we that out of the way I feel like we are much closer. :)

I have some very exciting news! This week is special to me for so many reasons. There is MUCH to celebrate....hence the title of this blog..."Celebration Week!" Here are 3 things that I am celebrating this week.

1. I was contacted about a week ago by Teachers Pay Teachers notifying me that I hit a milestone!!!! I began this journey about a year ago and NEVER imagined that I would be at this place at this time. I've truly been blessed and humbled to know that there are MANY amazing teachers out there that chose to spend their hard earned money to purchase my resources. I'…

Five for Friday

It's been a while Friends!

Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for her Five for Friday linky party.




I've been working on Depth and Complexity with my students and it has really taken their learning to the next level. Over the past couple of years, I've been going to USC to learn about teaching gifted students from Sandra Kaplan, the creator of Depth and Complexity. The truth is, these strategies work for ALL students and allows them to understand the content much better. My students actually love it!


My 2nd graders working on Depth and Complexity with their story of the week.




My 1st graders working on Depth and Complexity with their story of the week.







We just had Open House not too long ago and it was so much fun! Here are some things from my Open House Unit  on TPT.  I've compiled 19 things over my 15 years of teaching that I love to do. It comes complete with templates and detailed instructions. If you need some new projects for your classroom, I'd love for yo…