Skip to main content

I Got the Liebster Award!!!

Hello Friends!

So excited to share with you that my humble little blog here was nominated for the Liebster Award! I was super excited when  Melissa from Ramblings of a Happy Teacher told me about it. Thank you Melissa for the awesome nomination!!! So SWEET!!!  


Soooo... What is the Liebster Award you ask? I had the same question. The Liebster Award is for up and coming blogs that have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, dearest, cute, endearing, etc. Such a thoughtful award! Here are the rules to accept this award:

1.  Link back to the person that nominated you.
2.  Answer the questions from your nominator.
3.  Share 11 random facts about yourself.
4.  Nominate 5 more blogs with less than 200 followers.
5.  Pose questions for your nominees


 Thank you again sweet Melissa from Ramblings of a Happy Teacher for thinking my blog was special enough to receive this award. You made my day!!!

Questions to Answer:

1)What is your ideal vacation? My ideal vacation would be going to Hawaii or the Bahamas (LOVE warm the water!!) and sitting with a nice book on the beach. Food would be all inclusive and my hubby and I would go on different excursions and get massages everyday! OR the mountains cuddled up on the couch with a good book with the fireplace going.  Kids would be at their grandparents house. Sorry kids!

2)If you had an unlimited budget, what would you purchase for your classroom? A smart board, Ipads for all my students, a nice color printer, seat sacks, a beautiful rug, and home decor things. 

3)What is your favorite way to de-stress after a long week? a massage and then hot tea and dessert on the couch with my honey watching a chick flick. My hubby loves chick flicks! Ha!

4)Tell us your most unforgettable student response/comment you've ever had. I was asked by one of my former 3rd grade students if I would go to the doctor with her since she started her period. So sweet of her to want me to be there! 

5)What is your favorite season and why? Fall and then into winter. I LOVE the smell of fall and how it begins to get darker earlier. I love warm scented candles. Then I LOVE Christmas. I LOVE the hustle and bustle of it all! I love EVERYTHING about the season. In fact, it's hard for me to actually enjoy Christmas because I'm always sad that it's going to be over soon. LOL. 

6)What is your favorite way to reward your class for excellent behavior? Show up at my students house with balloons. My kids love this and so do I!!!

7)Sweet or Salty? BOTH!! Trail mix suits me just fine! :)

8)When you have time to read for pleasure, what do you read? Blogs, books that challenge me and make me a better mommy, Christian, wife, etc. 

9) Reality TV - yes or no? Yes. Loving my Duck Dynasty!!!

10) Where is your favorite place to buy school clothes? Oh man, I shop everywhere depending on what I need. I like Forever 21 for trendy things, Old Navy for more preppy things, and even Target. :)


11 Random Facts About Me

1. I worked as a carhop (rollerskating waitress) right before I got a job teaching.
2. I have a movie in my mind. I see everything as a movie.
3. I LOVE surprises!!
4. I would have 7-8 kids if I could think I could handle it. 
5. I love to dance and express myself through that.
6. I wish SO badly I could sing.
7. I used to be a Budweiser girl and a ring girl for boxing matches.
8. I've been to Africa on a mission trip and want to go back!
9. After this year I will have memorized 6 chapters of the bible! So exciting!
10. My husband is a pastor.
11. I am a bit OCD and will obsess over things I take on. It will consume my mind and I just get hyperfocused on things...which can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on who you talk to. Ha!

I would like to nominate (drum roll please).......



Questions for the nominees:

1. Why did you become a teacher?
2. What grades have you taught?
3. What website/blog do you go to for teaching inspiration?
4. Describe your ideal date.
5. Where do you live?
6. Tell me about your family.
7. What was one of the best lessons you've ever done in class?
8. What is your favorite TV show?
9. What do you do to relax?
10. Why did you decide to start a blog?




Comments

  1. Love this!!! Congratulations! I loved learning a little bit more about you too! :) I might have to steal your balloon idea! ;) is that something you do for all your students or just some? Such a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joy. The balloon idea is something that I do for all my students. I try and find something to celebrate with them about. For example, I had a student who did really well on her math test and so I showed up to her house with her test and balloons. I met her family and we took pictures of her family and her holding her test and the balloons. I just made sure that I sent a note home beforehand so that they know when I'm coming. Have fun with it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My New Life and an Editable First Day of School Sign!

Hi Friends.

This next year I am starting a new chapter of my life. Ever since my kids reached the age where they began going to school, life kept getting busier and busier. Now that they are a bit older (ages 10,8,5) life is just CRAZY; sports, church, dinners on the run, taking kids to different practices, homework, projects, AHHHH!!!! I could not keep up! Last summer, my husband and I both agreed that we could not go on living like that. We did not like running on the hamster wheel. We wanted needed more family time. My husband works different hours than a normal "9 to 5" job so his day off are Fridays. My kids go to school on Fridays. See the problem? We had to make a change. We LOVE my husband's job so that wasn't changing. I LOVE teaching, so that wasn't changing either. We knew we wanted to kids to be home on Fridays so there was only one option. Change the way schooling looked. After 14 years of teaching in the classroom, I am taking a leave of absence to…

Celebration Week!!!

I'm OK. I'm alive!!

Yes, It's been a while since I've blogged. I think it's safe to say that I am just no good at keeping up with my poor little blog. I've come to terms with it. I am no longer in denial. (Holding candle in my hand) Hello, my name is Angela Linzay and I stink at keeping up with my blog.

Alright, now that we that out of the way I feel like we are much closer. :)

I have some very exciting news! This week is special to me for so many reasons. There is MUCH to celebrate....hence the title of this blog..."Celebration Week!" Here are 3 things that I am celebrating this week.

1. I was contacted about a week ago by Teachers Pay Teachers notifying me that I hit a milestone!!!! I began this journey about a year ago and NEVER imagined that I would be at this place at this time. I've truly been blessed and humbled to know that there are MANY amazing teachers out there that chose to spend their hard earned money to purchase my resources. I'…

Five for Friday

It's been a while Friends!

Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for her Five for Friday linky party.




I've been working on Depth and Complexity with my students and it has really taken their learning to the next level. Over the past couple of years, I've been going to USC to learn about teaching gifted students from Sandra Kaplan, the creator of Depth and Complexity. The truth is, these strategies work for ALL students and allows them to understand the content much better. My students actually love it!


My 2nd graders working on Depth and Complexity with their story of the week.




My 1st graders working on Depth and Complexity with their story of the week.







We just had Open House not too long ago and it was so much fun! Here are some things from my Open House Unit  on TPT.  I've compiled 19 things over my 15 years of teaching that I love to do. It comes complete with templates and detailed instructions. If you need some new projects for your classroom, I'd love for yo…