Image Map

Five for Friday!!

WOW!!! Not only is it ALREADY Nov 1.. but it's Five for Friday!  So fun! Since I'm a once a week blogger (not by choice but that's the season of life that I'm in right now), I love that I can count on this linky party to keep me connected.




 This was a special week for me! Both my sons got awards at school that were a big deal to me. My younger son, Joshua got a HUGE award. His teacher nominated him to receive this award for his grade level. It was in honor of the founder and late superintendent of the school. My other son, Isaac, got the reading award. He's been voraciously reading the Harry Potter series since he was in 2nd grade and now a year later, it's paying off since it's worth SO many AR points.  I could not be MORE proud of both of them for working so hard!!!
This is my first grader, Joshua

This is my third grader, Isaac



I job share so I work Monday - Wednesday. Because my sons' award ceremony was on Wednesday, I took the day off which means that I had a 2 day work week. Woohooo!!!! :)


I got in a nice nap today! I REALLY needed it. When you begin seeing double and going crossed eyed.... you know you've reached your point. I stayed up waaaaay too late last night finishing up my tpt unit...which brings me to #5. You can read that below.


 Every year I feel like there's so much pressure for Halloween. I do it to myself. We have this HUGE outreach at our church called Trunk or Treat (cars decorate their trunks and pass out candy) and this year we had probably close to 7,500 people there! It was insane! Anyways, since my hubby is one of the pastors of the church and it is such a huge event, it is ALL hands on deck. That means that he works the event and I don't get to see him much. I used to put the pressure on myself to make sure that all their costumes are perfect and cute... but now. I just don't care. We get costumes, but the easier the better. AND if it's free... it's a plus! So this year, my sons are ninjas.... again.... for the 3rd year. They just love dressing up like ninjas I guess. Besides the fact that I have all the sizes for a ninja costume now, I do like this costume because it's easy and cheap. My daughter was a ballerina.... a free costume... so I liked hers the best. :)

2 ninjas and a ballerina

Trunk or Treat was fun! They ended the family maze with an area full of puppies! How adorable!

Karis was a pirate during the day for school....another free costume! :)


I am FINALLY done with my new TPT unit. I am seriously excited about this unit. Not only do I use these in my classroom but it is also good for different grade levels.  I've been wanting to create this resource ever since I started TPTing this year. It is my The Best Writing Resource Pack:Word Lists,Word Books,SUPER Writing Folder, &More! unit. There are 3 different levels of  "Words I Need to Read and Spell" books taken from Fry's High Frequency words list.  Words are put in alphabetical order and extra spaces are provided to add your own words.  There are also different levels of word lists. There are several pages of word lists to create more colorful writers and to satisfy the CCSS understanding of shades of meaning.  There is also a one page "Spicy Words" list is for younger students who may feel overwhelmed by too many word choices. Take a look below at some previews:

Click on the picture to take you to my store





Here is a closer look:





The SUPER writing folder that I use is AWESOME! I saw this at a teaching conference that I went to over 10 years ago. I don't remember who or what it was....so if anyone knows, please let me know. I want to make sure that I give credit where it is due.  Anyhow, I'm serious, my students DO NOT lose their writings with this folder. It keeps EVERYTHING organized... resources, ideas, and writings... and really, who doesn't want to be more organized?? 





These are some of the headings for the word charts:


Here are some of the word lists: 







I hope that you will hop on over to my TPT store to check out this amazing resource. I know that you won't be disappointed. :)

Blessings Friends,


5 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the link up and so glad that I did - it is super cute!! I am your newest follower. I see that you are fairly new to blogging as well like me. I can't wait to read more post. If you get a chance I would love for you to check out my blog!! Thanks for sharing!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie for stopping by. So glad that there is another (kind of) newbie blogger here. I'm excited to check out your blog!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness you have some cuties! Love their costumes and trunk or treat sounds like so much fun!

    Looks like you worked your booty off on your newest unit! Just added to my wish list... gotta have it!!

    Hope
    Teaching with Hope 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love love the costumes. Your daughter is so adorable!

    -Sarah
    A Rocky Top Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! I can't believe how fast she is growing!

      Delete